- (2021) InterTrade Ireland £50K – Fusion project with Phonovation, Dublin to tackle Smishing fraud.
- (2020) British Science Association – Cybersecurity public outreach project funded under the community buddies scheme.
- (2020) Department for the Environment £50K – Cybersecurity outreach project to encourage the next generation of cybersecurity researchers.
- (2020) Allen & Overy £500K – Project to develop a Knowledge Graph of a domain created by legal experts through intelligent machine learning algorithms.
- (2019) InterTrade Ireland £50K – Fusion project with Sidero Ltd, Athlone to create security tools & compliance processes
- (2018) Intellectual Property Office £75K – IPO project “Music 2025” examining the Issues facing the digital content industries in a stream-driven economy
- (2018) InterTrade Ireland £2K – co-innovate project to examine using 4G for creating a workable solution for live streaming regardless of location.
- (2018) Invest NI £5K – Innovation voucher with Modern Democracy, Derry to examine the feasibility of adopting a blockchain for e-voting.
- (2018) Invest NI £5K – Innovation voucher with SureCert, Belfast to examine the feasibility of using a blockchain to deliver core business services in the future.
- (2018) InterTrade Ireland £42K – Fusion project with Cork Internet eXchange, Cork to build an automated Managed Services Cloud Computing infrastructure.
- (2017) Baker McKenzie £184K – Application of symmetric search encryption to the safeguarding of legal documents in the cloud.
- (2017) Microsoft Azure Research Award £5K – VMs for teaching systems security
- (2017) Knowledge Transfer Partnership £123K – Incorporate machine learning intelligent techniques within a call monitoring platform enabling identification of call fraud in real-time.
- (2016) Legal Innovation Centre £250K – LIC will create a bridge between Law and Computer Science to the end of fostering legal service innovation and advancing education into Legal Technology
- (2016) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £22K – Creation of an automated customer portal ‘configuration engine’ to replicate the process of selecting a customer’s products features.
- (2016) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – Develop a bespoke, innovative, and integrated Management Information Systems (MIS) to facilitate change and enhanced efficiency.
- (2016) Invest NI Proof of Concept £106K – Broadcast Language Identification & Subtitling System (BLISS) for language identification and subtitling within the broadcast news.
- (2016) Royal Academy of Engineering – Ingenious Award £30K – Public engagement award to publicise the need for cyber security specialists in addition to training engineers in public engagement.
- (2016) RAEng/Leverhulme Trust Senior Fellowship £46K – Fellowship to concentrate on research into location-oriented activity recognition through device free passive localisation techniques.
- (2016) Public Health Agency and Atlantic Philanthropy £42K – A feasibility study of facilitated reminiscence for people with dementia.
- (2015) Innovation Voucher £5K – A universal smartphone application for logging the attendance of session musicians with the use of wireless beacons automatically.
- (2015) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – Machine learning models to predict short-term wholesale prices on the Irish Single Electricity Market.
- (2015) HSC Commissioned Research – Dementia Care (2015) £278K – Investigate effects of individual specific reminiscence, facilitated through the use of bespoke software, on people with dementia.
- (2014) Proof of Principle £15K – Using Sensors in to detect the Curvature of the Spine for accurate detection of Ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
- (2014) TMED Challenge £10K – Data glove design improvements for finger joint Range of Motion measurement.
- (2014) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – Stocktaking tool incorporating advanced analysis and reporting mechanisms which focuses on providing expert insights.
- (2014) Innovation Voucher £5K – Creation of driver libraries to work with a Deepsea controller.
- (2014) Innovation Voucher £5K – iPad application for the public and professionals to design home improvements.
- (2014) Knowledge Transfer Partnership £100K – Field worker software solution to allow real-time job updates and communications with all departments.
- (2013) Tyndall National Access Programme £18K – Precise finger joint device for Range of Motion measurement in patients with hand trauma”.
- (2013) Tyndall National Access Programme £28K – Wearable Sensor Enabled Glove Device for Measuring Finger Movement in Arthritic Patients.
- (2013) Innovation Voucher £5K – Electronic weightlifting accessories, the methods of connectivity and cooperation with related equipment and the hardware and software elements.
- (2013) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – Logistics resource planning and management software system for fleet management with real-time route and load optimization & electronic proof of delivery.
- (2013) Innovation Voucher £5K – Investigate the technology necessary to modify or extend a non-sim card device into a cellular communication device.
- (2013) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – Interactive plant life cycle management software with features such as alerts, weather updates & topography of ground where plants sown.
- (2013) Invest NI Proof of Concept £85K – ‘Song Form Intelligence’ to ensure smooth delivery of streaming music” being broadcast over any wireless medium.
- (2013) Innovation Voucher £5K – RFID labeling solution to a medical sanitation client in the Republic of Ireland who provide tracking solutions for health care workers.
- (2013) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £42K – A platform independent water network management tool for operational staff.
- (2012) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £22K – A secure software solution for automated cash management for financial institutions and ancillary services and products.
- (2012) Consultancy £5K – Real-time positioning systems for tracking how visitors use a shopping mall.
- (2012) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £29K – Protection of software products from piracy and enforcing 100% licence fee compliance among clients.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Mobile Patient Relationship Management system for creating and managing the partnership between a clinician and a patient.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Capture footballers actions and record, store & archive the material using handheld devices and present the stored footage on mobiles.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Develop best practice in securing hosted PHP databases in shared space on external servers.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Feasibility study into mobile health apps which tracks daily activities & capture observations as they happen and for clinicians to remotely monitor patient diaries.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Monitor activity on a factory floor using RFID sensors and integration of real-time dissemination technologies to track job progress.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Investigate commercial loyalty scheme technologies which integrate location awareness in order to increase customer uptake of such schemes.
- (2011) Innovation Voucher £5K – Investigate tracking of patient records in hospitals using RFID indoor location awareness technologies.
- (2011) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £28K – Capture, analyse, record, and retrieve client ads broadcast on TV.
- (2011) Spanish Ministry of Science & Innovation £6K – Intelligent and distributed control scenario for the fast and easy deployment of robots.
- (2010) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £46K – Large scale maintenance, repair and operations software for Airlines to diagnose and identify failures in systems.
- (2010) UU Proof of Principle £7K – System and Method for Streaming Music Repair and Error Concealment (SOFI) and its application in industry.
- (2010) Diabetes Connect North West £10K – Remote monitoring for expectant mothers with diabetes who need to be particularly tightly controlled to enhance the health of the mother and the fetus.
- (2010) Innovation Networks Programme £4K – Bulk SMS features in an existing local government portal.
- (2009) UU Proof of Principle Programme £9K – A tool which will assist medical clinician’s with measuring the loss of movement in the human foot and the human hand.
- (2009) HEFE Workshop Funding £1.5K – UU/HEFE funding for “Secure Information Solutions – One Day International Workshop & International Expert Visit”.
- (2009) Innovation Voucher £5K – Investigation into the practicality of discriminating nasal and mouth breathing patterns.
- (2009) Invest NI Proof of Concept £77K – “Secure digital watermarks (SDW): secure data hiding in image frames using Steganography’ and its application in secure identity card technology.
- (2009) UU Proof of Principle £9K – System and Method for Streaming Music Repair and Error Concealment (SOFI) and its application in industry.
- (2009) Knowledge Transfer Partnership £67K – Integration of RFID tracking of jobs in a label printing factory.
- (2009) HEIF Cross Faculty Collaboration £5K – A tool for assisting medical clinician’s with measuring the loss of movement in the human hand for diagnosis, prognosis and assessing the recovery of patients with conditions specific to the hand.
- (2009) HEFE Connected Health £1.6K – Investigation into the use of steganography in secure ID in addition to a technology transfer workshop on steganography.
- (2009) UU Proof of Principle £7K – Investigate steganography and its application in secure identity card technology.
- (2009) Western Health & Social Care Trust £5K – Telemonitoring in patients with chronic hypercapnic respiratory failure.
- (2009) Western Health & Social Care Trust £4K – Assisting clinician’s measuring loss of hand movement.
- (2009) Innovations Leaders £10K – Health and Social Care R&D office bid assistance for health funding.
- (2009) Western Health & Social Care Trust £4.5K – Remote home monitoring on a temporal basis for respiratory patients for saturations, pulse and co2 levels.
- (2008) Higher Education Innovation Fund – Cross Faculty £5K – Interactive location aware wireless sensor driven walkthrough Installation.
- (2008) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £57K – Large scale web based mobile intranet management system to be used by employees and clients.
- (2008) Innovators Promoters Programme (IPP) £3.5K – Deliver a standard mains operated light switch that could be operated via a mobile phone.
- (2008) HEIF Academic Enterprise Initiative £1K – Steganography to hide data in ID photo images.
- (2008) JANET UK £13K – Exploring Wireless Mediated Indoor Location Positioning
- (2007) TechDis Higher Education Assistive Technology Scheme £1K – Interactive 3D game.
- (2007) SRIF 3 Wireless Technology Research Grant £5K – Child Safety with RFID Location Awareness.
- (2006) Higher Education Innovation Fund – Cross Faculty £5K – Sound source segregation and pitch estimation techniques.
- (2006) Technology Signpost Programme (TSP) £1K – Enhancement of the audio production protocol (DDP fileset) to provide added service enhancements to the duplication/replication/recording industry.
- (2005) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £60K – Development of a location based RFID wireless wide area gaming framework.
- (2005) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £48K – Broacast media monitoring of pre-recorded media clips on mobile phone through transcoding media to a mobile friendly medium.
- (2005) EU Interreg III – Midas Fund £20K – Wide Area Gaming (WAG).
- (2005) CEC-IST-FP6-IP-FET – CASCADAS £268K – Autonomic communication services, in which components autonomously achieve self-organise.
- (2002) InterTrade Ireland FUSION £50K – Creation of a cross platform tool for live remote interviews for recruitment agencies.
- (2001) Nuffield Science Foundation £5K – Middleware for real-time media apps in mobile environments.
- (2000) C.E.C. – Peace & Reconciliation Init/ESF £205K – Cross border rural curriculum enrichment.
- (2000) Teaching Company Scheme (TCS) £88K – Legacy data integration application server utilizing distributed application servers
- (2000) TEI Support Programme £7.5K – SQL database, providing consultation within the field of distributed databases and writing tenders.
- (2000) TEI Support Programme £7.5K – Integrated shopping cart solution with back-end accounting systems in addition to consultation regarding e-commerce.
- (1999) C.E.C. – Peace & Reconciliation Init/ERDF £10K – Cross border rural curriculum enrichment
- (1999) Enterprise Ireland Applied Research Grant £5K – Reflective Distributed Multimedia Architecture.
- (1999) EU LEADER II – R.A.P.I.D programme £5K – EU LEADER II Rural Area Partnership in Derry (RAPID) programme grant to pursue computer networking and software development.
- (1999) Enterprise Ireland International Collaboration Program £3K – Enterprise Ireland International collaboration grant for advancing Middleware platforms.
- (1999) I.N.I. Networking Grants £1K – Network grant for participating in EU FP6 Research Consortiums.